Sunday, January 28, 2007

First snow of the season..

Believe it or not, we had sunny weather until the end of January, and it was quite pleasant outside. It felt like a mini spring in the middle of winter. Some people call it global warming but I call it good luck; it happened because I wished for it. At a time when I most needed it. Today, it started snowing as I was having breakfast, and then it stopped for a while and the sun showed its face again. I love it when you have the snow and the sun at the same time. When the sky cleared, when it was light blue and bright again, even for just 2 minutes or so, I thought a true beauty (as opposed to enviably hot person X) was being revealed. I was really grateful to experience the feelings and the memories that came with that moment. Yet, the most important thing is to realize there is no moment like that one. That moment cannot be duplicated. Just like there will not be a sunset exactly like the one today. All these moments are unique.

It is these little moments, these snapshots that comprise your life.

And they are all free.

This divine creation does not care about what you look like, how much money or how many friends you have. It offers its beauties equally to everyone.

Why deny yourself the pleasure that is so generously being offered to you by obsessing about your "problems"? Your "problems" don't exist to tell you that you don't deserve this pleasure. Your problems shouldn't prevent you from living and having fun. You should be generous to yourself and not let what's in your mind take you away from these moments.

I'm so glad that I got a snapshot of that moment in my brain. It makes me feel alive.

How amazing it is that once you start loving yourself, even just a little bit more, you look at everything around you differently. What you see becomes unique and beautiful, once you see the beauty that is you.

2 comments:

Moonshine said...

Dear Chi,

As I'm reading your post, it's snowing very beautifully here in Chicago too. As a really well put little essay on the "little moments" of life, your post made my day:) Sipping Turkish tea and watching the snow storm from my window.. This is happiness! :)

Greetings & Hugs

Moonie

Chi said...

Thanks dear. My post making your day, makes my day. May you always enjoy your every cup of tea. Hugs!