Saturday, November 11, 2006

Some notes for the faithful reader ;))

I'm learning new things everyday some of which being very hard to articulate. Maybe I should write a cliff-notes version of a few ones that I feel most strongly about:
  • Pain and uncomfortable feelings are cyclical. I never thought that they would go away sooner or later if I didn't resist them so much.
  • Forms, thoughts and most events are temporary and shouldn't be a legitimate reason for happiness or sorrow.
  • It helps a great deal to catch irrational beliefs/value jugdements at the moment they arise and deal with them without giving them the chance to get you.
  • Resistance shows itself in many forms such as self-victimization, frustration, despair, depression, fear etc. None of these behaviors are constructive and they will not assist you in accomplishing anything by any means.
More to come in the nearest future...

By the way, I'd like to announce that my friend has had a baby boy just two days ago!! His name is Oscar Yuxuan and is going to be the cutest half Sweedish and half Singaporean boy ever!! Welcome to the world little fella! I wish I were born yesterday too.

No comments: